Gotta Garden

Sunday, June 08, 2008

2008 AHS National Convention: Garden Two

We arrived at the garden of Boone & Maria Keeling and were greeted with what would become a familiar sight:


Cute, isn't it? Next, I saw this...which I knew would please DH (this picture is for you!):


As the flag picture above might begin to convey, this was a perfectly manicured garden! (All the gardens were magnificent, make no mistake). Look at this beautiful border:


We're here to see daylilies, of course:

BROOKWOOD CARLA'S JOY:


There are other fascinating plants here, too, though:


TOPGUNS JENNIFER HANKINS:


Eye catching Sedum Ogon (I'm trying this for the second time in my own garden...I can only hope that it would look this nice in mine!):


SEBASTIAN THE CRAB:


There's so much more than daylilies here:


FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN


Indeed:


IMPISH DELIGHT:


Bleeding Heart Vine (Clerodendron Thomsoniae...thanks to the handy label the Keelings provided)...we'll see more of this:


MORT'S MASTERPIECE


There was some interesting wildlife in this garden (and others, too):


NEVER SAY GOODBYE:


Yes.



SPACECOAST HOT TOPIC:



Isn't this just too pretty?


WONDER OF IT ALL:


Don't I wish my borders looked like this:


STORM OF SWORDS:


I told you we'd see more of this...isn't it something!


EXOTIC TREASURE:


Semper Fi:


TAKEN BY STORM:


Speaks for itself:


TRUE PINK BEAUTY:


Wildlife:


OLD TIME MEMORIES:


You might have thought I was kidding (what, me?)...look closely in this picture:




If you look closely, you might be able to make out the orange reflections of the fish:


Oh drat. It's time to get on the bus again for stop number three. We'll have to hurry along:


Such wonderful contrast:


(I'm coming! There just isn't enough time, is there? Well, these gardens are so delightful that we could easily spend all afternoon or all morning in just one...but, we gotta go...so, we're going to race though the last few pictures.)


(for my sister, above and well, below, too...do you see it??!)




One last view...ahhhhhh, isn't it beautiful?


This was so fun! We're off to garden number three and then....lunch! Come on, you can do it! Thank you to the Keelings for such a spectacular garden!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails