Gotta Garden

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Recognize This?


This is Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine'...actually a seedling. Who knew it seeds itself around? I think I have it in about five different places now. Good thing I like it.

Here's some information about it that is from the Blooms of Bressingham North America site:

"Sunflower Heliopsis (also called "False Sunflower") is among the first of the summer’s yellow daisies to bloom. Sturdy stems do not require staking and provide excellent cut flowers. A stunning sport with unique variegated foliage, ‘Loraine Sunshine’ was found by Brent Hanson of Rhinelander Floral Co., Rhinelander, Wisc. It is named in memorial for Loraine Marks, a valued employee and great gardener whose happy, cheery personality always brought sunshine to her work and those around her."

Always interesting to know about a plant, don't you think?

2 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I agree, the stories behind plants and their names are fun to know. I have a lot of Loraine Sunshine in my garden, too. I love that it self sows.

Gotta Garden said...

It's always good to like the ones that do, lol! Makes things a lot easier!

Related Posts with Thumbnails