Gotta Garden

Sunday, March 08, 2009

First Daffodil(s)


Gigantic Star....and


Probably Ice Follies....while working outside, I also found what I think is Topolino blooming as well. Will check on that tomorrow.

Yesterday I noted that one of my iris reticulata varieties 'Harmony' wasn't in bloom, yet had been last year at this time. Correction! Here it is...I guess I just missed it yesterday...


Something else I mentioned was how tiny Galanthus nivalis is/are...so, I thought I'd show you that better. Nivalis on the left, elwesii on the right...


Nivalis Flore Pleno...a double



Mrs. Backhouse...


I spruced up the hellebores, cutting away their old foliage...here are a few of them...




I have a double pink...


that this year I discovered it doesn't open all the way double initially...but it works its way there...


This little group of crocus changes daily...with some blooms fading and new ones being added, like these purple...which were not open yesterday...


I found a group of purple open...


....and enjoyed photographing this purple striped one that was open very wide...


...a duo here...


...the self seeded Johnny Jump Ups continue to amuse me....I guess I didn't appreciate their variety of color before...


And, finally, my Riley....who also amused me as she ignored my husband's call to come over and sit by him...she's my girl (dog)...getting up there, but ever faithful...

4 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Enjoyed your daffodils. Ice Follies is a fav here. Ice King reverted to the single Ice Follies. Topolino was a fav, but it doesn't persist in my warm climate. I loved the little trumpets with pale yellow hyacinths.

Riley's precious. We're grooming a new puppy -- may miss a few blossoms this year until she settles in.

themanicgardener said...

So many! And so lovely! I am trying to curb my envy--
--Kate

Mandy said...

Where do you have your hellebores planted.? I live in GA and planted 2 last year. They have a few blooms on them but I was hoping for more. Does it take a couple of years for them to take off????

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it's coming this way. Love the Iris reticulata. They are so pretty and last such a short time but worth it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails