Gotta Garden

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Small Winter Joys

One of life's small pleasures (or is that a gardener's)...


Evolving into a nice little patch, which pleases me.....same ones yesterday not open in the gloom...


Slightly larger, as they are tiny things and it's nice to see them...


Here's Bertram Anderson, all by itself...(in fairness, it just arrived last year)...


And, I'm happy to say...I'm finally working on getting that patch by the doorstep as recommended by H. Lyman of Temple Nursery...


The hellebores have started as well.


The doubles, like above, delight me to such an extent that I am considering removing some of the more ordinary singles...to make room for more doubles, of course.

That said, I still like the simplicity of this single one...


Tastes change and this year, at least, I am not as enamored of the darker singles...or maybe it is just that I have too many. Once, they were the ones I sought first.

Even though it is winter, the garden moves forward. If only the weeds wouldn't...or better yet, they could just plain disappear (in my dreams).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails