Gotta Garden

Friday, February 11, 2011

Garden 2: 2010 AHS National Convention

Our next stop found us at Country Lane Garden, an AHS Display Garden owned by the Tauntons, Wayne and Jo.


Here we'll find lots of seedlings as well as registered daylilies...


Here's Wayne Taunton kindly offering his white umbrella to help a fellow photographer.



Let's start in the display area...





MYSTIC VISION...


SMOKY MOUNTAIN AUTUMN...


TRANQUIL WATERS...


SPACECOAST SHINER...





SPACECOAST FRINGE BENEFIT...



MOUNTAINS BOW DOWN...


MESOZOIC MUNCH...


ESKIMO KISSES...




LET THERE BE PEACE...


LIVING IN LUXURY...


SONG TRIUMPHANT...


WORTH IT ALL...


Georgia Bulldogs guarding the flowers...


Two of WILD WOOKIE....



MAGIC LAKE...


ANNE MCWILLIAMS**remember this flower, a surprise coming up later...



MADELINE NETTLES EYES...


FOL DE ROL



FORTY SECOND STREET...




BLACK ARROWHEAD...



Can you smell the gardenias?


TOOTH...


Let's mosey over to the Guest Plant Bed...




SPACECOAST OJO ROJO...



SPACECOAST COLOR SCHEME...(two pictures)



As the label says...SPACECOAST EYE FOR PASSION..



I've always heard the bugs are bigger here...


CRAZE MAZE...


SPACECOAST RED WINE ROMANCE...


STROLL OVER HEAVEN...




The very difficult to photograph but oh-so-beautiful KAREN STEPHENS...



Please note: This daylily is a wickedly dark color, not red like you see above. I first saw it at the 2009 convention in Florida in the rain in the Kinnebrews' garden. It's so pretty, but, as I said, really hard to capture. Even on their website, I think the pictures don't do it justice. I almost didn't put this picture in...but how else would I tell you that I liked it so well I bought a supremely grown (by Tim Bell) pot of it at the auction?? (Laughing)

You can kinda see it here...better, but still not dark enough...




ROBERT W. CARR...



Pretty views here...




Oh, look what we see here...

LET LOOSE...


CRAZY CRANE...




Okay, I can't wait any longer...I have to share my surprise....

THE Anne McWilliams with her Kinnebrew daylily ANNE MCWILLIAMS...



For astute observers, you will note that Anne has not one but two daylilies named for her...there's also a CARIBBEAN ANNE MCWILLIAMS that many of us grow.

Anne, if you happen to see this...email me and I'll be happy to send you the image.

There's still a large section of this garden for us to explore....let's have a look at some of the seedlings...


All right...there are many dayliles massed together here. As a guest in the garden, I am not comfortable hunting for tags. I've seen too many daylily blooms damaged that way. So, there will be some without tags/names shown (I know you'll understand) and it's possible that a few named/registered (without names) varieties might be in here as well...

But, first...did you see this....pond??



We'll see more of it...

Junior Citation Candidate (hereafter JC) CL-2010-4




JC CL-2010-3





JC CL-2010-2


JC CL-2010-6















The following are some of the ones I mentioned....seedlings and possibly a few named (but tags unavailable to me)...









Not a daylily, but you knew that...just continuing with photos of the eye-catching pond...




For the daffodil lover in me, maybe you, too...










We have to move on....a final few looks....you gotta see the crinums...




It's time to go...thanks so much to the Tauntons for allowing us to visit their garden full of delightful plants....

I'll leave you with this....until Garden Three...



If you missed Garden One, you can find it here....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails