Gotta Garden

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Garlic

It's nice to see a bit of green this time of year.



This is fall planted garlic and the variety showing off above is a new-to-me one called 'Red Janice'. It's a turban type, if you're into that.

Here it is a bit closer...


And, yes, it is a nice sunny day.

Others are out, too...it's just that Red Janice is up and out with no stragglers. Impressive so far. However, it'll have to get through the trials of cats lying on it later...

Here's another variety....


New-to-me also, this is 'Khabar' which is a marbled purple stripe. If you look closely or click on the picture, you'll see it's coming up, too...just not like Red Janice. It's early, though, and the race is not always won by the first one out of the gate...

I do love garlic...how can you not? Once you have fresh garlic, there's no going back.

*****
I'm about to order some seeds (more about them later) which has me thinking SPRING!

Hope you're able to get outside and enjoy a beautiful day...

1 comment:

Cher' Shots said...

Oh my, signs of life in a garden would be nice about now. We're still buried in snow but its melting. Wish I would have planted garlic last fall. We love garlic but I never thought to plant any then. Maybe this year!
'hugs from afar'

Related Posts with Thumbnails