Gotta Garden

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Update

It's rained practically all day long....which is not a bad thing. We can use it and boy, could Texas use it.

So, I happened to glance out the window tonight...and I saw that the very last bloom on the seedling I showed recently was open. Here it is something like 6:15 pm and there's the bloom...huge and glowing.

I had to go see it and then I decided to pick it. It has unbelievable substance. Here it is night and after all this rain...whoa...


Impressive. I am a bit sentimental about this daylily for reasons I'll talk about another time. If...a big if...it has a good year next year, it might just be worthy. Time will tell.



It's pretty good size, too. And, it had first year rebloom...yea.

Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Shady Gardener said...

Nice job! Beautiful flower. Hopefully it stays true to form!

Related Posts with Thumbnails