Gotta Garden

Monday, September 05, 2011

Daylilies That Make the Grade...

....at least here at Gotta Garden...

Skinwalker:


From the AHS Daylily Database:

Skinwalker (Roberts-N., 1997)
height 32", bloom 8.5", season M, Dormant, Diploid, Spider Ratio 5.20:1, Lavender blend with a green throat.

Stout Medal winner, too. Maybe one of these days the database will include awards also. Skinwalker is a tall one, with sturdy scapes. I like that. It holds itself above everyone, tall and proud.

Jelly Dancer (in the morning):


and in full sun:


From the AHS Daylily Database:

Jelly Dancer (Herr-D., 2010)
height 52", bloom 7", season La, Dormant, Diploid, 25 buds, 3 branches, UFo Cascade , Maroon with darker eye above yellow to green throat. (Android × Kirsten's Corsage)

A
nother tall one, blooming this year for the first time for me (I think...of course, it could just be that...ahem...I didn't finish sorting last year's pictures...). I really like Don Herr's plants as they do well for me (grin). This one will get even taller as it has not yet attained its full height, which is not unusual for the tall ones. You need to give them a bit of time (like a couple years or so). Got this one on introduction and lucky me, Don gifted me another plant with my order this year. Hopefully, I'll actually get around to the much anticipated (by me) rearranging that I want to do this fall and will add my new plant to this one...yippee, a clump!

Heavenly Flight of Angels:


From the AHS Daylily Database:

Heavenly Flight of Angels (Gossard, 2003)
height 39", bloom 7", season M, Semi-Evergreen, Diploid, Fragrant, 15 buds, 3 branches, Spider Ratio 4.00:1, Yellow green blend with white edge above green throat. (Flutterbye × Wildest Dreams)

This one needs to be moved to the front yard where I can enjoy it a bit more. Sigh. If only the front yard had endless space...lol.

Not all spideries to look at today...

Captivating Smile:


From the AHS Daylily Database:

Captivating Smile (Rice-J., 2005)
height 30", bloom 5.5", season EM, Semi-Evergreen, Tetraploid, 26 buds, 4 branches, Violet with watermark and gold violet edge above green throat. (Meggie's Smile × Angel's Braid)

N
ow that's what we like to see. Many more blooms to look forward to. Another one that needs to be moved.

I'll end with this one for now. Ethel Buccola:


From the AHS Daylily Database:

Ethel Buccola (Trimmer, 2005)
height 28", bloom 5", season EM, Rebloom, Evergreen, Tetraploid, 24 buds, 2 branches, Apricot pink with pencil red eye above green throat. (Tennyson × Tet. Connie Burton)

I
would have to say that orange/peach is definitely underrepresented here at Gotta Garden. No matter how much I try, most just don't appeal to me. But, there are some. This is one. And, I'm sure I'll show you a few others that also make the grade here down the road...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So gorgeous...and Ethel Buccola reminds me of a lovely orange Hibiscus!

Lona said...

Captivating Smile is a beauty. I love the light lavender shades.

Shady Gardener said...

Love that Skinwalker!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails