Gotta Garden

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Rolling On....

It's so fun to go outside and see what's new...I think we're at least two weeks ahead, possibly more.

I wasn't sure for a long time if this variety was indeed February Gold, but it does look like the other pictures on daffseek...


Because I always like a close up...


Still waiting on the new February Gold purchased last year from a different source...

Newly opened Cassata...will turn all white with time...



Also just opening is Arrowhead, a Cyclamineus type that will recurve as it matures...


My dwindling Easter Bonnet...growing amongst the tree roots and being shaded out by azaleas...


Other flowers....Pink Roman Hyacinth...quite the vigorous bulb, unlike its blue cousin...


Cyclamen Coum...


Iris reticulata...this one blooms in the foliage, not an attractive trait...


A better picture of Galanthus Viridapice (no wind)...


One of the Golden Lotus Strain hellebores...


And...the worst for last....beware daffodil virus (these will be removed tomorrow)....remember, no mercy!

3 comments:

Bethany Benton Art said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. I am in southeast Alabama so it won't be too much longer for us until the serious blooms begin (bearded irises & daylilies for me). Love your blog ... I stumbled across it a couple of years ago when I was looking up daylilies.

Randy Emmitt said...

I also have problems with my February Gold, we planted it with Jet Fire and the difference is ever so slight between them. No mine did not look like the ones online either. The daffs we planted in the past 2 years most are not doing well and not blooming either.

Love you cyclamen!!

Lona said...

I have so enjoyed looking at your spring blooms this morning. How beautiful they are. Makes me even more excited to see my own in bloom. Have a wonderful week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails