Gotta Garden

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Beauty of Benign Neglect

Okay, celebrate with me, people...




In case the beauty of my photography (ha) hasn't made clear to you what this is...this, people, or those... are hoya buds! Yes, that's right....in this house where only the tough houseplants survive....I have found hoya buds...for the very first time...after I removed the...lint...or was that dog hair...

Yes, indeed...there will be (fingers crossed) indoor blooms besides the sad amaryllis (more on that another time)...and African violets that bloom now and then...despite being ignored. Remind me to move that dendrobium orchid back to its chair...where it faithfully bloomed every year...until I put it on an orchid tray.

I say...ignore 'em.

Oh happy day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hoya blossoms. The texture of each little star!

Gotta Garden said...

Hi flowrgirl1...so nice to know as these will be my first...still waiting!

Thanks for coming by!

Shady Gardener said...

I've never had a hoya blossom! Yea for you! I really like your beautiful daylily photo. Do you know the variety?

Related Posts with Thumbnails