Gotta Garden

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow...again....

Since we've had yet more snow today, I thought it appropriate to peek at a few snowdrops which I captured yesterday (thankfully....as today they are buried under about a foot of snow).


This is one called Limetree...you can see how tiny it is by the leaf beside it. It looks like it will be a while before I get that drift I want...


This is S. Arnott. Obviously, once these open, maybe we'll be able to peer inside and see what they have. I'm thinking that best yet will be when I have enough to actually pick blooms and bring them inside. The possibilities! I have two itty bitty offerings of S. Arnott with a third on order. I really really want a drift of this one.


This is the common Galanthus elwesii. Despite what appears here, I actually do have a little patch of this one. The rest are just coming up.

*****

Here's a photo taken today of one of my dogs, Kobe...with just a light dusting of snow...Kobe had surgery on Monday. If you look closely, you can see his stitches on his face. He's amazing as he has been a model patient and is doing well. Monday was obviously a very hard day for him, but what spirit he has! Unfortunately, the growth he had removed did come back from the pathologist as cancer. We are optimistic that his doctor got all of it...the pathologist did say it had clean margins. He's ten and my 'young' dog. My other dog, Riley, is 12. They are seniors as they are very large dogs. Mornings and evenings, they take quite the assortment of medicine but it is all worth it. They are wonderful dogs.


Here they both are...coming in out of the snow...Kobe first and then Riley...



Hope you're warm and safe wherever you are. We're staying put...tomorrow we'll shovel the driveway. Kobe loves the snow; Riley tolerates it. Off to do some PM Yoga.....

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, I hope Kobe heals fully! I have just realized I like Snowdrops a few days ago, for the first time in my life... and now you're telling me there are lots of different cultivars? Pretty exciting news. :)

joey said...

Will this snow ever end? *Hugs* for Kobe.

Les said...

Your dogs look well equipped for the snow with great, thick coats. I hope Kobe heals well and has no further problems.

Gotta Garden said...

Hi Meredith: Thank you, I hope so, too. I always think of him as my young dog, but he really isn't.

Snowdrops can be very addictive! Such little tiny treats! And, yes...there are whole books written on them...To date, the differences have to be very obvious to me (or I don't notice them)...as I have yet enough to bring inside where I could really study them...and take better closeups!

I think not, Joey....sigh. More today and then even more this weekend, it looks like for us here. Thank you, re: Kobe. He's such a sweet dog.

Aren't you kind, Les! Lol! Yes, some of that is their coats, some is, well...they are not underweight! Thank you for your nice thoughts regarding Kobe. He continues to amaze me. One week later and you wouldn't know, except for the obvious stitches.

It was so nice of you all to stop by. Thank you.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Elderly pets are such a treasure. Our cats are over ten years of age now; I hate to think that they are old but they are.

Like your new blog look, and snow drops. We're still foot deep in snow so no snow drops to to see yet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails