Gotta Garden

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Happiness is a Gardenia in bloom....



It looks like my Chuck Hayes Gardenia is settling in. After all, it survived our record breaking winter...even if it did look like a pile of sticks when spring began this year. I've noticed for the last few years that it seems to get it all together in very late summer and blooms until frost stops it.

This year, it is able to pump out multiple blooms...which is marvelous...here's hoping next year I'll be able to say numerous blooms. I am rather happy with this picture. Whites can be tough to capture.


The rock with the dragonflies on it is new. For a number of years, I've had a trio of heart shaped stones in this little area. I liked them, the heart stones. Unfortunately, after returning from our little vacation, I noticed only two stones there. What could have happened? I still don't know...but, gosh, two stones just looked like something was missing. It displeased me. So, the dragonfly rock gets the call from the bullpen.


(Try not to notice the weeds...)

I guess I'll relocate the remaining two heart stones to the backyard for safekeeping...eventually...maybe to play with the gnomes... The missing stone did turn up....my friend found it out by the ditch....exactly one half of it, with each side quite scratched. Your guess is as good as mine. I don't like to think anything nefarious, but it is annoying. It will make me think twice about what I put in the front yard....

1 comment:

Shady Gardener said...

I'm so sorry about that. You never know... but someone wasn't "fessing up!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails