Gotta Garden

Monday, August 22, 2011

What a Daylily Should Be...

One of my favorite daylilies, Claudine's Charm, has it all.



Here's the information from the AHS Daylily Database:

Claudine's Charm (Sellers, 2000)
height 26", bloom 5.5", season M, Rebloom, Evergreen, Tetraploid, 16 buds, 2 branches, Raspberry purple with large pale raspberry watermark with thin white band above white to green throat. (sdlg × Tet. Morning Mood)

The hybridizer was a bit modest, in my opinion, as I get much better branching and bud count than he listed in the registration...but, how nice to have a daylily do even better than you expect.

Take a look at all the buds to come and how well placed they are (or were as this picture was taken on June 27th):


And, on top of outstanding performance, it's a simply beautiful daylily. What's not to like?

2 comments:

jennifer said...

I love that coloring... I guess I'm gonna have to add that to my list of wants...lol

Shady Gardener said...

Nothing there NOT to like... everything there to appreciate!! :-) Thanks for your post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails