Gotta Garden

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daffodils and More Daffodils

It's been a good season for daffodils. I'm going to relax and enjoy these pictures tonight as I spent today digging out a nefarious weed that has been plaguing a shade bed in my backyard for a few years. It was quite a task...thorny thing with roots like a tree, a tree that is intent on colonizing. Unfortunately, it appears to be coming under my fence...I fear the battle will be ongoing.

I did remove two hostas and potted them up for relocation elsewhere. They had to come out in order to attack the infamous weed. I'm debating removing the few other hostas that survive there. It's a shame, because it is a nice shady spot where the soil is improving.

Anyway, on to more pleasant things...

Carole Lombard...


Alto....


Green Pearl...


Cape Point...


Green Goose...


American Heritage...


Dreamlight...


Jake...


Notre Dame...


Twin Sisters (two pictures)...



Ticonderoga...


Satin Blanc...


Savoir Faire...


Yellow Cheerfulness...


Sidley (two pictures)...



Cacatua...(early and then later, as it pinks up...)



Geranium...


Tripartite...


Had enough? ...for now...(*big smile*)

4 comments:

Randy Emmitt said...

All so beautiful. We have over 30 different dafs in our garden and not one of these you posted. Going to be sad when they are gone.

Sue Ellen said...

Love the daffodils!! The only one that I have is Cheerfulness. Hope ther are more to see...

Lily said...

Lovely daffs!

Cindy Dyer said...

I really enjoy your blog...and think we should meet in person some day so I can see that gorgeous garden of yours and do some photographing! You're not too far from me---I'm in Alexandria. I want to try and grow garlic, too, this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails