Gotta Garden

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring....continuing...

Ipheon Uniflorum 'Rolf Fiedler'


...such a great color of blue...which I...still...haven't captured here...

Last night, I experienced a sweet little fragrance, but couldn't quite figure out where it was coming from. The daphne near there is pretty much done, as are the viburnums...not the fragrant azalea...the mock orange is about to burst open, but not just yet....so, what?


Yes, from about six to ten feet away...it was the tiny Baby Moon daffodils. I guess this year, there are finally enough of them to make a statement. So, if you should add these, order plenty...you'll want to enjoy their fragrance sooner.

Baby Moon daffodils are my marker for the late daffodils. Once they bloom, I know it is the beginning of the end. Well, it is getting toward late April....those still going will carry us to the end of the month for about two months of bloom, I'd say.

In recent years, I have begun to collect some of the mini hostas. Very sweet and tiny, they lend a nice touch to special areas. Mine are adjusting to living with shade from daylilies as the giant tree that used to shade them is now gone. They're coming up now and I'm pleased to say there were no losses this year.

My very first one a few years ago was this one, Green Eyes...


Some of them...perhaps this one...would make nice border plants in the right place.

Here's one called Cherish...


One in the Mouse series, Holy Mouse Ears.


Country Mouse...


Masquerade...


Cat and Mouse...


Cute name, Cookie Crumbs....


Elsley....


Just in case you were curious, the new daylilies are beginning to arrive....


Creeping Phlox with crabapple blooms...

3 comments:

Randy Emmitt said...

That Ipheon Uniflorum 'Rolf Fiedler' is really something, will look into getting some of it.

We have baby Moon never noticed the fragrance, but maybe someday we will. Loved the Cat and Mouse hosta too.

Gotta Garden said...

Oh yes! You will like them (several varieties)! Inexpensive, too.

I know...I've never noticed a fragrance before either, but it is definitely there this year. Lovely! Baby Moon is also blooming like crazy, so I guess it is finally happy.

I will be on the lookout for a new Mouse series one to add...they are too cute and, so far, much easier to grow (knock on wood...wouldn't want to curse myself with overconfidence!) than I would have thought.

Thanks for coming by!

P.S. I just went out in the rain and picked a Baby Moon bloom for grins...even one little bloom has quite the fragrance...why has it been hiding it all these years? Ha.

single mattress said...

HI,

Too beautiful pics...

You have done good job...

name tagged with the photos are really helpful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails