Gotta Garden

Monday, July 09, 2007

Garden Trips: Chanticleer

On my way to the AHS Region 3 Regional Meeting, I decided to visit a garden that I have long wanted to see. Pulling into the parking area, I took it as a good sign that daylilies were blooming.



Stepping out of the car, I was amazed to see that the lines in the parking area weren't just painted on as they are everywhere, but rather were inlaid pavers.


Isn't that neat! I knew then, if I didn't already, that this would be a special place. Let me just go ahead and say that I will be doing several posts as there was just so much to see! This was the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. I can't encourage you enough to visit, should you be in the area. I didn't want to leave, but I had my meeting(s) to get to! Rushing through, I was there almost 2.5 hours...imagine how long you could spend if you were able to take your time.

Here are a couple of views that I saw before I approached the table where you pay your $5...



I don't think I've ever been to garden where every detail seemed thought of. Wherever you looked, something gorgeous was to be seen...paths all over leading you to secret spots that made you so glad you had ventured down it after all...and containers, oh my goodness...I think the most amazing containers I have ever seen! And, I haven't even mentioned all the seating areas...placed so you can sit, pause and enjoy the views and vistas...not just any seating areas either...I'm going to show you things that will make you go WOW! It was totally amazing. I don't want to spoil it...but, it was one more incredible thing after another.

In one area, I did briefly talk with the horticulturist there (working on a Friday evening...what does that tell you) and learned there are seven horticulturists who take care of the garden(s). They must be incredible individuals. These are folks who must love what they do...and it shows. I've seen some nice gardens (some I've showed you, some I still have to show you...one day)...but this one was in a class by itself.

Look closely in this picture, you'll see an artist's easel. This wasn't the only one I saw in the gardens...If I could paint (and had the time), I would have loved to have done the same thing...except, I would have had a hard time deciding just where or which view I would want to paint (all of them!).


I'll close today (sorry...got things to do!) with two pictures of plantings that I saw just as I began my stroll in the garden...look at the variety...and just know that this is only the beginning!



I can hardly wait to show you more! Plus, there's all the gardens from the Regional Tour and one additional open garden I stopped in on my way out on Sunday....from the last one, I'll share her deer-stay-away tip that is beautiful and all natural! (She's a smart gal!)

7 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Great pictures. Don't take too long to share more with us!

Anonymous said...

Where is this garden, exactly? Based on your photos and enthusiasm, I'd love to see it one day.

Gotta Garden said...

Hi Carol: I won't...or I don't plan to! Thanks!

Hi Pam: My bad...Wayne, PA...I will give more details and a link in a subsequent post.

Aiyana said...

Hi,
I've tagged you to participate in a meme, Seven Random Things About Me. I hope you participate Check my blog for the rules.

Gotta Garden said...

Thank you for considering me, No Rain...but, I've already done seven...and once was enough! Thanks, though.

kate said...

I love those paving stones ... and what a garden! I would love to see it someday.

Anonymous said...

I can't get over the paving stones--what a detail! I can't wait to see more! ~A :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails