Gotta Garden

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Garden Trips: Norfolk Botanical Garden (part 3)

Some...er..interesting...garden helpers:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An allee of crape myrtles which will be stunning when in bloom July-Aug:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even out of bloom, the bark is eye catching...exfoliating and smooth at the same time. They're a great tree for winter interest:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A fountain is a must, of course:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Closer:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the special features at NFB is the Eagle Cam. There's an active eagle nest in the garden (the area around is blocked from public access so they won't be disturbed) and inside the Visitors Center you can watch live what's going on in the nest.

I'm only able to give you a small taste of these gardens, but I hope it's enough to entice you to visit, should you be in the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello--
I don't know who you are, but I love the Norfolk Botanical Gardens too! I love the fountain and I love flowers and gardening. Great website!
Heide

Related Posts with Thumbnails