Gotta Garden

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Garden Trips: Norfolk Botanical Garden

Norfolk is a fun place! DH had business there last March 31st and I took advantage of the opportunity to tag along...and see the Norfolk Botanical Garden .

After you park and approach the entrance, this is what you'll see:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mermaids are all over Norfolk Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

much like the Hokies in Blacksburg or the Nags (hate to call them that) in Nags Head.

The garden here is huge. NBG offers a train ride you can take for a nice overview. I recommend it; in fact, I was the only one on my trip! By riding the train, I was able to note the areas that I wanted to make sure I saw plus add some I might otherwise have missed.

One of the first things I saw was this bamboo. Please note that it is entirely surrounded by concrete!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the other side of that concrete, the Japanese Garden was soothing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails