Gotta Garden

Monday, March 26, 2007

Garden Trips: South Carolina

My sister is fortunate to live in a neighborhood with mature trees and a picturesque lake. I look forward to walking around the lake.

Here's one view of the lake (I'll post another on Wordless Wednesday):


Carolina Jessamine, Gelsemium sempervirens, growing wild in the trees:


It was fragrant! I know it is supposed to be, but I had never before been able to discern a fragrance.


My sister is able to overwinter Spanish Lavender:


A festive mix of spring shrubs (maybe quince, forsythia and bridal wreath spirea?)


A traditional and very lovely camellia in full bloom:


We'll end our walk today with, sadly, Crepe/Crape Murder...still alive and well:


Tomorrow I'll tell you about the symposium I attended. We also went to Riverbanks Botanical Garden and a most fabulous nursery....stay tuned!

3 comments:

Ki said...

We don't have to murder our crape crepe myrtle. It does it to itself with branch tip dieback ;)

kate said...

Oh, I forgot to say in my last comment that the sight of your Virginia bluebells made me smile. I love them so much ... and no doubt you will be thrilled if the trout lilies bloom. They are such beautiful plants.

The camellia is gorgeous as is the jessamine as it winds through the trees.

Gotta Garden said...

Hi KI: Lol...I think! Sorry!

Hey Kate: Thanks for coming over! Sadly, I don't think it's in the cards for this year for the trout lilies...maybe next year (don't we always say that??!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails