Gotta Garden

Thursday, March 15, 2007

GB Bloom Day

In bloom today:

Magnolia Stellata
Saucer Magnolia
Pink Dawn Viburnum (still)
Sweet Box
Winter Daphne
Winter Hazel
Crocus
Daffodils
Iris Reticulata
Tulip 'Show Winner'
Hellebores
Roman Hyacinths
Pansies
Snowdrops

Well, that's what I can think of right now. Leaving my driveway this evening on the way to my art class, I rolled down the window to snap this shot:

My Magnolia Stellata is blooming! Just in time for a very cold weekend and possible snow tomorrow night...

First blooms today also for these unknown iris reticulata which are the darkest ones I have. This mix also has iris danfordiae which has bloomed for two years (so I guess I shouldn't expect it this year...I hope it will bloom...we'll see).



You can click on these. If you look closely at the iris, you'll see the buds for tomorrow's blooms. These flowers are narrower than the others as well.

Here's the saucer magnolia one day later with blooms exploding all over (too bad it's raining hard right now...and a very cold night ahead, as mentioned previously):


I'm ending this for tonight. Wanted to make the GB Bloom Day! Have lots of other stuff...tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

kate said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that your temperatures are milder than predicted! The magnolias are beautiful and so are the iris.

What fun to take a class on drawing plants and such from your garden. I started taking watercolour lessons and am realizing that I need to practice drawing.

Linda said...

I've enjoyed seeing your spring blooms. It will be awhile before they bloom in my Canadian garden.

Annie in Austin said...

Gotta Garden, that's quite a list - and you have some fragrant plants in there, too. I hope the forecasters got overly grim, and that your magnolia is still beautiful on Monday.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Hi GG,

You've got an impressive list of things in bloom. Love the fact that your magnolia realized the importance of flowering on March 15.

On Monday it's going to be cold in the Netherlands too. Back to winter it seems!

You got a lovely collection if Irises, very pretty they all are.

I hope you get this comment because I tried before but nothing seemed to work properly.

Gotta Garden said...

Thanks, kate! All good wishes are much appreciated! Tomorrow is my last class...and you are so right (and so ahead of me with watercolor!!), it is all about practice...which I need to get on with! I'm going to venture out and get some colored pencils or maybe these cool art stix that she let us use last night.

Hang in there, crafty gardener! You will be able to inspire us when these are done and just memories!

Hi Annie! I do like fragrant plants! Thank you, thank you, thank you! (fingers crossed)

Gotta Garden said...

Hi YE! I feel better...lol...that someone else is having a time with comments! It seems a bit of hit and miss (more miss!).

No! I was so ready to be done with the cold...I had even drug my suffering terribly little lemon tree outside for a few days...back in it comes. I think it is down to its last few leaves...it just needs to hang on for a little while longer...and then it can be happy again (I hope)!

Glad to see you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails