Gotta Garden

Friday, March 16, 2007

Stochastic Items

A rainy day and time, I think, to do some catching up. Here are two daffodils in bloom together...at first glance, similar, but upon closer examination...not really:

This is Trevithian...look at the cup (above)



This is Sweetness...notice it is more of a trumpet (above). You can click on these and see the difference better.

****

Did my first planting of the year on Wednesday. Here are the three Heucheras that I planted (more on them in the Merrifield post):





**** WARNING: Not for the squeamish!*****

Look what the air conditioner repairman was greeted with at my front door:


Lying on the doormat, courtesy of warrior cats, no doubt, was this baby snake. Yikes! I do not like snakes...and, unfortunately, where there's one....there must be more. Double Yikes!

(I'm thinking after doing a bit of internet research that it might be a northern brownsnake...if so, it's considered harmless (good)....I will try...to...remember...that if I should come across any of its siblings...may they stay out of sight and out of mind!)

*******

How do you like my new word Stochastic?? Courtesy of DD, Dictionary.com defines it as:

of or pertaining to a process involving a randomly determined sequence of observations each of which is considered as a sample of one element from a probability distribution.

and from American Heritage Dictionary:

  1. Of, relating to, or characterized by conjecture; conjectural

Well, okay, a tiny bit of a stretch...but I like it for a change from random...conjecture is good, too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails