Gotta Garden

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Seeds, Seeds, Seeds

Having seen various posts on seeds, I had this attitude of well, that's very nice but, this year, I am going to resist the siren's call....I think I did keep that attitude for several days. Then, I came across eclectic garden's post on value seeds...who can pass up a good deal? Credit should go there...or blame...because that apparently opened up the doors and all of a sudden, I find I now have these new seeds:

IMG_2821 seed packets 030107

Embarrassingly, some of those are probably already in here, a seed drawer that is calling out for Bliss' wonderful seed box:

IMG_2824 seed drawer30107

Then, there are various containers of seeds like these:

IMG_2827 seeds in bowl 030107

But, I ask you, what is a gardener without seeds? And, who among us doesn't collect seeds?

(I'm not buying any more! This does not include finding the unusual or the rare or the packaged exceedingly well and designed to appeal...or daylily seeds)

5 comments:

Melanie Chopay said...

LOL! Let me know if you find any white Borage seeds. Not that I need anymore seeds myself ;-)

This week I bought snap peas, blue borage and a dark purple nigella.

Happy seeding!

Gotta Garden said...

I do like the hunt, don't you! Maybe they'll be at the Philadelphia Flower Show!! (All vows of no-more-buying are officially called off for that day!)

Anthony said...

It's good to know that if civilization every collapses, future generations could use your massive stockpile of seeds to replant the planet. :)

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

You really need to get a nifty box like mine (or maybe half a dozen).

There's always room for just one more packet of seeds, and another, and another and ............

Thanks for this post, it made me laugh!

Gotta Garden said...

Hello anthony! See, I knew there was a cosmic relevance here; future generations are depending on me!

Hi yolanda elizabet! I know! I do! And, since I am collecting for the planet's future wellbeing, it has become clear to me that now I MUST buy those seeds!

Thanks for coming over!

Related Posts with Thumbnails