Gotta Garden

Monday, March 19, 2007

Bits and Pieces: Off to SC

I hope you enjoyed the Tobacco with the No Smoking sign for Wordless Wednesday! Just a little humor! You might have noticed that I've put out a string of posts...I hope several days worth because I'll be gone for a few days...and I hope you'll miss me! I'm off to visit my sister in SC and, naturally, taking the opportunity to take in a gardening symposium. It's been two years since I was last there (also for a symposium!) and I'm looking forward to seeing spring in full flush.

They may be a zone 7 there also, but it is nothing like mine! Last time I was there, I became enamoured of Clematis Armandii and now have one in my own garden. There's a very nice nursery near where I'll be, so I'm planning to check out what they have new. Let's see, I have a few "South Carolina" memories in my garden: tea olive, banana shrub and various perennials including a Dianthus 'Baths Pink' that is now quite sizable. I'm looking forward to walking around the lake with my sister and seeing azaleas in bloom but, hopefully, no alligators!

I'll be back for Green Thumb Sunday; so in the meantime, keep writing all that good stuff and I'll look forward to seeing what you've been up to when I get back.

Gotta Garden

3 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, gotta garden, you gotta stay!!!! :-)

Seriously though, enjoy your stay with your sister. I hope you will have a lovely time and nice weather too.

BTW Peonies don't like being disturbed. Once you've planted them you have to leave them alone. You're very lucky the tree peony has forgiven you and is forming buds. Usually they can sulk for years or die or both.

Looking forward to those daylilies of yours!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful trip!!! :)

(I hope you return with some great pics of azaleas...)

kate said...

Have a great holiday - and tell us all about it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails