Gotta Garden

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden (Part 2 )

It's a beautiful day outside. Let's look at some views:

IMG_2958 red twig dogwood

IMG_2968 pond

My nose led me to this Lonicera fragrantissima (Winter Honeysuckle)...not the most attractive, looks like it suckers...but, oh, oh, oh...the fragrance:

IMG_2971 honeysuckle

Here's a close up...you'll see Mr. Bee has found it as well:

IMG_2969 close up honeysuckle blossom with bee

Here's Maule's Quince, Chaenomeles japonica 'Contorta':

IMG_2972 quince

Our last view for today is this little sedum that I adore and one day will track down:

IMG_2975 sedum

As I mentioned, I'll be back at Lewis Ginter, so there will be more to share...and, of course, there's still the orchids!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails