Gotta Garden

Friday, March 16, 2007

Yesterday at Lewis Ginter

Last night I arrived a bit early (okay, an hour) for my art class and I took advantage of the time to have a look around. I knew the daffodils would be out after a week.

I looked and looked to no avail for a label for these.



'Miss Grace' (above)


Nice looking Winter Daphne in bloom at Lewis Ginter (not missing the back of the shrub, I see...lol). That's a Crepe Myrtle in front (love that bark!).

Would you like to go for a walk?









(Jetfire Daffodils)


Cascades Mahonia (above)


What a mass of Iris Reticulata 'Harmony' can look like (above).


Nice one to end on...for today. We'll come back. There's so much more to see.

*****
You can click on these pictures.

6 comments:

Anita said...

I would definitively LOVE to go on a walk with you! What a joy to see all those daffodils!

Happy spring and happy gardening!

Gotta Garden said...

Hi anita! Thanks! It's cold and rainy out today; hard to think that was just last night!

Thanks for stopping by!

Ki said...

Wow, really beautiful grounds. I love the mottled bark of the crepe myrtle. Reminds me of guava trees in the tropics.

Gotta Garden said...

Hi ki! I hang out there whenever I can! I'll be there tomorrow morning, weather permitting...and then not back for a while...I'm thinking of volunteering once a month...do something helpful and make sure I see everything regularly!

Thanks for coming over!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

GG, what a lovely botanical garden. Already lots to see like pretty irises and dafs too. And blossoming trees. Lucky you and your lovely walk there.

Gotta Garden said...

Can you tell I like to hang out there, ye??! I wish it were closer and I would visit daily...great place to take a walk (really)...that's what my art instructor does...she gets there early and walks before our class! I probably won't be back for a few weeks, so I expect many changes for the next visit.

Hey, you can bike over to places! Now, that's lucky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails